Photoshop is an image editing software used by professional photographers and graphic designers. PSD stands for Photoshop documents, which store images with most imaging options available on Photoshop. PSD is a layered image file, it is a default file format that Photoshop uses to save data. At present, this PSD files stands as the leading photo editing application. It has various photo editing options to perform functions such as selection, cropping, slicing, moving, etc. The photographs once taken by the camera does not always meet the requirements of the user, there are certain changes that are needed to be done on the image with the help of Photoshop software to get the desired results. The program allows the user to manipulate, crop, resize and correct color on digital photos. Photoshop supports vast range of graphic file formats, but it also uses its own PSD file format.
It allows the user to work with the image’s individual layers even after the file is saved. When the variations in the photo is done, Photoshop allows the layered PSD image file to flatten and then to convert the flatten image to JPG,GIF, TIF format so that it can be shared.
These PSD files store the images during editing as well as when the editing is complete. If these PSD files are deleted due to any reasons, then you will lose entire modified images and this would be a huge problem for you as you have put a lot of energy and time to carry out the editing of all these photos. In that situation, you need to retrieve deleted Photoshop files by any means. The best remedy to this is to get things sorted out by PSD recovery software. Recovering Photoshop PSD files after deletion is very easy and can be done within few clicks with the help of deleted document recovery tool.
Causes for deletion of Photoshop PSD files:
- Formatting hard drive by mistake causes deletion of all the data along with Photoshop PSD files preserved in it.
- Virus attack on any application or hard disk due to internet and external devices can lead to the loss of PSD documents.
- Unknowingly any new user can click the delete option to erase away your important image files.
- Deletion of Photoshop PSD files can also be due to sudden power loss leading to system shut down where you had no time to save the data. The other reasons for deletion of PSD file can be are application failure, system crash, etc.
Deleted document recovery software has some wonderful features, which retrieves your deleted PSD file in no time. The image recovery tool restores the component layers and retains the original layer properties providing you layers of PSD file in a separate folder of Photoshop file. To carry out the operations using deleted recovery software no skilled user is required as well as it provides full install / uninstall support. It also retrieves original image size and depth for each layer of the PSD file. The files recovered are kept in a hierarchical order which makes the search easy. Also, the recovery program gives a preview of the file to be recovered which makes you sure whether the file to be recovered is the desired one or some unwanted data.
Precautions to be taken to keep the PSD files safe:
- Antivirus should be updated time to time and proper scanning of computer is required.
- Once the file is deleted, instead of doing any other operations use a sophisticated repair tool.
- Make use of UPS in case of power shortage and also check the battery and the power supply of the system while working on Photoshop.